Skip to content
H2 On Demand
On-demand hydrogen generation for NOx elimination is for use in light and heavy duty diesel engines. Silverthorn Industries’ patented hydrogen generation technology not only reduces emissions at a lower cost, it also solves the many problems with urea DEF such as freezing, ammonia slip, crystallization, etc. Additionally, hydrogen can provide a fuel economy benefit.
Hydrogen On Demand Chemistry
- Silicon based polymer (developed and patented with the University of Alabama)
- Uses water & a catalyst to generate H2 as needed
- Water can be recovered from engine exhaust
- High salinity seawater also usable
- Hydrogen generation efficiencies greater than 7 weight % have been demonstrated, 9.3% theoretically available.
- High purity hydrogen output useful for fuel cells, engine or boiler fuel, catalytic converters, analytical standards, etc.
- Chemistry patented and commercially available
- Hydrogen generation system for fuel cells demonstrated
- NOx reduction by hydrogen in Lean NOx Trap proven